Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday Morning

In at work after a very short weekend.

The first cup of coffee and all those things that I would have done last week if I had time are still here to be done today. As a trainer in a light engineering company in Lancashire I actually got to do some training last week, for the first time in a while. Most of my time is spent completing training needs analysis and writing procedures. All of which need to be done but I am paid to train.

The problem is that no one has been training for the past 2 years and all the procedures and back up stuff are out of date................

I have nothing profound to say, ever. This is more of a do something just to get started in the morning sort of post.

One interesting thing is that I had an email from a guy who handles Jeff Scott Soto's tours in this country. JSS will come and be interviewed and record an accoustic set for me in May. This will be the first international musician on Ribble Valley Radio and although not really a devotee of his music I am very excited by the prospect.

If you live in Lancashire and get the opportunity to see a band called 'Oversight' you must do it. They are a trio of young lads, about 17 who do some covers of standard rock stuff but also write their own music. They are gaining quite a following locally and have played in Manchester Acadamy, Southport etc. I had them into the studio when we were on air in December and nice lads they were too. But so young. (Everyone looks young to me these days). I had forgotten what it was like to believe that I was going to be a rock star and have the whole of my life ahead of me. Very refreshing.

Perhaps I will go into the trials and tribulations of starting a radio station from scratch in a few days.

Take Care.

Phil

No comments: